Thursday, July 17, 2008

tea kettle

Tea Kettle
July 2008

My iTunes: Own Me by Ginny Owens

It's a late post tonight -- today has been a busy day. The good news is that I finally have somewhere to live. The bad news is that a loan is looking necessary in order to make ends meet and afford groceries. I'm praying that God will provide my daily bread (and the daily servings of fruits, vegetables, etc...). That and the strength to abide by the harsh budget that I've laid out for myself.

In class tonight, the teacher spent the first two hours of our three hour class and review session talking about a legal case he's been involved in for 4 1/2 years and about the state of the economy. What exactly that had to do with the fall of the Roman Empire, I'm not sure...

8 comments:

b13 said...

I love the reflections off the side of the kettle. I need a cup of highly caffeinated tea.

Robert said...

Great shot Christy. I love the washed out background. But you can see enough to have the eye wander.

Congrats on finding a place for next year. Although it's tough, it's good you have a budget plan. Perhaps now is a good time for me to purchase that Venice picture of yours that I love so much. It won't make you rich though! Seriously though, think of a price for a 5 x 7 and it's a done deal.

I have to admit I'm guilty of running off on rabbit trails with my students too. But two and a half hours?

Carletta said...

Always a joy coming in and seeing how you've looked at and captured the everyday.
Great tea kettle shot! Very now!

I'll be praying that things work out well for you - I know with God's guidance it will.

Anonymous said...

There is a lot to like about this one! Just terrific! I hear you about finances, unfortunately... I think there's a long line talking to God ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love kettles and tea cups and this strikes me as cozy and warm and ... very well done.

Take notes on your professor's digressions. At the end of the course, write them on the evaluation. Some teachers, even good teachers, don't know how much time they waste.

Anna said...

GREAT ANGLE!

Anna said...

OK, so I posted about my facebook friends on this post just now after your comment...go and check it out!

Raven said...

Beautiful photo. Congratulations on finding a place to live. I think the loan will be paid off quickly with money you earn with your camera. You are going to be more than fine. That's my prediction. I love the angle and the reflections in this photo - and the unique perspective. It feels like art and it feels all warm and homey at the same time.