Wednesday, July 16, 2008

checkmate

Checkmate
July 2008

My iTunes: Free by Ginny Owens

Okay, so this isn't exactly depicting a checkmate, but they are chess pieces. The coffee shop where I've been killing time between my classes has these lying around and I thought they would serve as a nice addition to Project Black. Since I read about Queen Lilioukalani today (the last queen of Hawaii), I thought I'd post this picture of the Queen of Chess, in black of course.

I'm glad so many people liked yesterday's image. Soon I hope to get to visit everyone's blogs and see all the other great Project Black contributions, but right now I can barely keep my eyes open. Must get my beauty sleep -- I have another voice lesson today!

6 comments:

brittaffeldt said...

Love the image!
Love the song! :)

Raven said...

I really love this shot. I think it's just beautiful. Yesterday's feet are very cool also. Your photos are very original and creative... and beautiful as well.

Robert said...

Such a lovely shade of black she is too. Especially against all her opponents.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous shot! I wish I had thought of that ;-) I have a set just like it, too!

Anna said...

Neat idea I like the shot :-)

Carletta said...

Great shot Christy!