Monday, July 14, 2008

only the good notes

Only the Good Notes
July 2008

My iTunes: Je Veux Vivre from Gounod's Romeo et Juliette

I have spent far too much time over the last week on photos, and far too little time on my studies... I'm starting to feel a bit guilty, especially because I haven't posted any of my latest work because it doesn't fit with Project Black. After the project is over, perhaps my excess of new images will let me spend more time studying... The photos have been fun, though, and the wedding is coming up next weekend!

For those of you who are regular visitors and are wondering about the real estate shoot, it got temporarily post-poned. I'm hoping it still happens, but with my luck...

But farewell to the borrowed DSLR -- it went back to its home today. I miss it already.

Two new universities have joined the list of potential graduate schools -- Indiana Bloomington and University of Illinois. It's looking more and more likely that I will not be living in Maryland in about a year, which is a bittersweet thought. The question is will I be 3 hours away or 11 hours away? So many questions...

The piece that I'm listening to is one of the pieces in my new music books, and one of my favorite solo pieces from the opera I was in this spring. I can't wait to start again in the fall!

But now it's time for bed... then 6 hours of mental anguish later today -- torture by boredom in my two classes. Thank goodness for my voice lesson! 1:00, I can't wait!

8 comments:

Carletta said...

So appropriate for you to post a piano!
I'm looking forward to when you do get a chance to post your other photos. I'm feeling like that too -lots of barns and old covered bridges from a day trip last Friday. I'm enjoying Project Black though. Hey, we know we have something for when PB is over!
Have fun at your voice lesson!

Anna said...

Perfect. I love the lines.

Robert said...

I'm so confused. Too much time working on photos? And that's a BAD thing??? Look how good they come out though! I hope the real estate shoot works out and happens soon. And I'm sorry the DSLR had to go back home. I'm sure it was in better hands with you than wherever it had to return.

Raven said...

Nice shot. I enjoyed your stove dials too and the shoes. You come at them all from such interesting angles.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Too bad you had to give up the DSLR... but you know what they say: it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all ;-)

Now you'll just have to make getting your own a priority!

stefanie said...

Beautiful shots - all of them!

Willow said...

All the notes are good notes! I like this view of the piano keys.

Nice flip flops, too!

Anonymous said...

I just visited all your Project Black photos. They are wonderful. I especially like the piano and the stove top controls. That;s pretty much the view I had of my Gram's stove when I was a little girl. Your perspective on the shot reminded me of my frustration when trying to check out the wondrous smells and seeing only knobs.

Now, let's talk about rules. When I was first struggling with my writing an older and wiser person questioned a useless detail in my story draft and suggested I tweak it a bit. I told him, "But this is an event that actually happened!" And he gave me a wonderful and freeing piece of advice. "Never spoil a good story for the sake of the truth." In other words, your point may be better reached with a different method. OR rules were made to be broken, as long as you break them knowlingly, deliberately and with style.