Saturday, July 12, 2008

stove top

Stove Top
July 2008

My iTunes: Un Bel Di from Madame Butterfly

Short post -- I'm away at a conference for the weekend, but had to sneak in a post for Project Black. I prefer this shot in black and white, but the color isn't bad, and I'm trying not to break the rules again :)

I went to a music store today (a dangerous thing for me to do) and bought 5 books. Unfortunately I couldn't play through them much because I had to pack and leave for the weekend. Now I'll have something to look forward to.

8 comments:

Robert said...

You really could have broken the rules seeing as the hostess herself broke them on her latest post! I love the washed out background on this. It really draws your attention to the point of focus. Enjoy your conference. Hopefully it's something good.

Carletta said...

Great shot Christy!
It almost looks B&W. :)

Have a safe and happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I'm agreeing with Robert... Anna broke her rules so I guess that's a free one (or two!) for everyone, lol.

Terrific shot... something we all see every day and give it little thought.

Anna said...

Bookstores are dangerous for me... It took everything within my last week to not by one of my favorite series of books all in hardback... Have fun at the conference!

Anonymous said...

A photography conference?

This is the kind of shot I LOVE! It's magnifying the "ordinary" and making it bigger than life. I have black appliances and thought about shooting those for PB...but they're all so smudgy I needed a heavy cleaning first.

Hope you're having a good time conferencing...and reading!

:)

brittaffeldt said...

Wonderful shot!
I hope its a fun conference, not a boring one. :)

b13 said...

I love the full sized image you posted. That is such a cool retro shot.

Jeanne Damoff said...

The color shot is practically b&w anyway! Nicely done. :)