Thursday, July 3, 2008

feet

Feet
July 2008

My iTunes: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by W.A. Mozart

I have good news -- I am setting up my first official photo shoot for sometime next week! A friend is moving and has asked me to take some real estate photos. I'm excited for this first step on the professional photography ladder! In the meantime, I'm looking for tips online (if anyone has any suggestions, pertaining either to photography or to real estate) and hoping to track down a D-SLR with a wide-angle lens to borrow. Perhaps I will take my earnings and put them aside in a fund for an SLR of my own...

But in the meantime, I will continue posting shots from my photo shoot with Betsy. Poor Anna has already seen them all, but hopefully she will be patient and put up with them for a few more days! And in honor of her, who first inspired me to make my photography something more than just a hobby and showed me definitively that taking "artsy pictures" was a good thing, contrary to my mother's (old) belief, I post a picture of feet, a subject for which we share a fondness. Here's to you, Anna! :)

p.s. June -- I keep trying to comment on your blog, but none of my attempts have been successful for days! I'll keep trying!

3 comments:

Carletta said...

Hi Christy,
Came by to catch up. Love this photo!
Congrats on your upcoming photo shoot - you are a very talented young lady so I know it will go brilliantly!
Loved the shot of Betsy jumping below - really cool.

Robert said...

Well I can obviously relate to your excitement. I'm plugging away at the business end of making my photography more than a hobby as you well know. And to think you've done all this magnificent work without a DSLR. I can't even begin to imagine where you'll go once you have all that extra control. Better equipment and the talent you already possess will make for some incredible images.

Anna said...

I wont get tired of looking at these! And of course, I love the feet! So thanks for the shout out! I am so happy for your job coming up!