Friday, July 11, 2008

fresh ground coffee

Fresh Ground Coffee
July 2008

My iTunes: Prendero Quel Brunettino from Mozart's Cosi fan tutte

Apparently I did not read the directions very well for the last post -- I was so excited to find out what Anna's new color was for her latest project that as soon as I saw it was Project Black I stopped reading and posted something. I missed that the pictures were supposed to be in color, not black and white. Today I shall rectify what I overlooked last night.

Today was the last day of classes this week, thank goodness. After walking around campus a bit and taking pictures, I spent the rest of the in between time before the next class at my favorite little coffee shop, the Pour House. I snapped this picture while I was waiting for the first batch of my edits to load to Flickr.

Now, while I finish watching Cosi fan tutte, I am going to do a bit more graduate school research and possibly start re-reading my translations of Juvenal's satires. It'll be a late night, but I can sleep in tomorrow. Enjoy Project Black!

14 comments:

Raven said...

Nice shot. I enjoyed your black and white picture yesterday. Rules are made to be broken and everything happens for a reason.

Carletta said...

Love this shot Christy!
I like the pop of red too.

Yesterday I chose to see a head of gorgeous black hair. :)

Jientje said...

Great picture, I love the red details in it!

Robin said...

Mmmm... freshly ground coffee is definitely the best black around. Great shot, the red sets off the black really nicely.

Ivanhoe said...

I could sure use a cup right now. Great capture!

Anonymous said...

Great shot! I can smell the coffee!

I thought you were just messin' with Anna yesterday, lol... and the shot worked anyway... unless your friend is really a blond ;-)

brittaffeldt said...

I love it!! Great find!

Robert said...

Looks like we had the same theme going for PB#2! How can you go wrong with coffee? The red and black work great together here. As usual, I love how you mixed up the angle. What's next???

Anna said...

In the words of Maggie "POUR HOUSE!!!! My life just got better!"

Dianne said...

Wonderful photo!

the red stands out but in now way takes away from the black, great job

I loved your 'friends' shot and I'm glad you didn't read the fine print lol

hope you get some rest from your studies

Anna said...

I don't drink coffee but I love this shot! Especially with the red! Very nice Christy!

Anonymous said...

I am certain nobody complained about your photo yesterday! I just saw black jeans! I love this coffee grinder. Now that I'm here, how about a cup of fresh brewed?

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Nothing smells so good as fresh ground coffee, except perhaps fresh-brewed coffee! Great shot.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a little color is just the thing to set off what you're really drawing attention to. The only thing wrong with this picture is I CAN'T SMELL IT, TOO!

:)