Wednesday, July 9, 2008

the information desk

The Information Desk
July 2008

My iTunes: Overture from Rossini's La Cenerentola

I spent nearly 3 hours yesterday standing at the information desk while waiting to hopefully figure out my living situation for next year. I hope that after today's maneuvering, I will have somewhere to live, but I will have to wait on confirmation for a few more days, possibly a couple weeks. Pray that things work out. It would be a real relief to finally have somewhere to live after several months of uncertainty and plans falling through.

I had both classes today (the professor showed up). The class that I didn't have last night was the most boring thing I have experienced in my life. I think I actually lost brain cells sitting there. If my current career plan continues as it looks like it will, and I eventually become a professor, I will remember this experience and never repeat it. College classes, any classes, should present a challenge to the students; they should not be impossible, but under no circumstance should there be 25-question, open book, multiple choice exams. I didn't think a class experience could ever match my Philosophy class last fall, but this class matches it easily. We'll see if it surpasses the other as time passes.

2 comments:

Anna said...

That is the longest desk I have EVER seen!

Robert said...

I already trust God is in control and your living situation will resolve. I also understand the anxiousness. But rest in the fact He understands, cares, and is sovereign.

One of the reasons I loved teaching 3rd grade (still my grade of preference to teach) was because of my third grade teacher. I literally can not remember a single moment in that class. I was bored beyond belief. I vowed to never be that kind of teacher. I hope I'm succeeding.