Thursday, March 20, 2008

my MRI

My MRI
March 2008

My iTunes: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Mozart

It's not exactly an image that I photographed myself, but I did photograph the image and the image is of my back... I thought it would count for one day's posting. Can you tell what is wrong with this picture? Yes, you guessed it, the big black "explosion" of the last disc is most definitely NOT normal.

I find it fascinating that we have advanced technology to the point that we can use magnetic resonance imaging to produce pictures like this of the soft tissues inside our bodies, absolutely void of invasive procedures. I've studied the history of art during the time that photography and x-rays were first becoming used, and it's amazing to see the impact that this sort of technology had on modern art. It actually directly impacted the flatness that is so characteristic of artists like Picasso, which I find rather ironic because x-rays are images of the 3-D human body.

But anyway, enough lessons for today. Enjoy the day, and touch your toes for me because I can't...

No comments: