Wednesday, June 4, 2008

red phone

Red Phone
June 2008

My iTunes: Preludio from Verdi's Aida

I know that "the color" is blue right now (a la Anna's photo blog), but I thought red would be my theme today. I stopped by one of the libraries on campus and explored a little. I found this great red phone and I had to take a picture of it.

The other bit of "red" in my life today is the new pair of reading glasses I picked up -- they have red ear pieces. Since I'll be spending so much time reading over the next few weeks in Philly and I forgot my reading glasses, I figured I should invest so I wouldn't give myself massive headaches. Maybe I'll take a picture of them later.

Today's interesting occurrence -- making tea in a frying pan. Yes, a frying pan. Would you believe that our apartment has a freezer, refrigerator, oven, and stove, but no microwave? The only way to heat water is the frying pan. It seems to work, but it makes me laugh. Oh, the life of a student...

Speaking of reading, I have a TON of research ahead of me and I should get started. I'm spending most of tomorrow at the Library Company and the Historical Society of Pennsylvania and I need to research what items I'd like to call while I'm there. Thank goodness for online catalogs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat shot! Hey... you gotta make do with what you have, right? I once used a blowtorch to cook a couple hotdogs - the electricity had gone out and I was out of charcoal!

Robert said...

A red phone always reminds me of some secret agent type movies or tv shows that have a hotline to the president. Did they have one in Get Smart? And didn't Batman have the Bat Phone? (Please tell me you've heard of Get Smart!)

Anna said...

Love the phone....so SHINY!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

phew!!! it shines like red nail polish on the talons of sirens in those Bond movies!!!!!!

awesome image!!! :)

annulla said...

Great shot, though, like Robert, the sight of a red phone makes me think of dramatic moments in cold war-era movies.

Frying pan tea sounds like a bit of inspiration, actually, and it is certainly better than no tea at all.

Blather From Brooklyn