Sunday, June 1, 2008

fallen leaf

Fallen Leaf
June 2008

My iTunes: Il Barcaiolo by Cecilia Bartoli

I seem to have missed posting on the last day of May. Yesterday (Saturday) was a full day -- physical therapy, a cook out in Baltimore, then packing for Philadelphia. I think I'm finally done packing. Normally, I follow the motto of "pack light" to the extreme (think two weeks in Europe with only a carry-on suitcase), but I'm breaking my habit. I'm taking the carry-on suitcase, but also have a mini-crate of shoes and such, a backpack full of books and articles (I have to bring these), a bag of bedding, a laptop bag, and my keyboard and stand. I feel like I'm over-packing!

Even though you might think I took this picture in the fall, I took it last Sunday. I thought I would continue with another picture from our pier. And I thought I would do a black-and-white picture today, inspired by the usual black-and-white images by Richard and because Anoop requested more black-and-white photos a few weeks ago, but I didn't get around to it.

Well, it's now 1:00 in the morning and I'm exhausted. Time to hit the sack. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have a Philly photo to share, but no promises, because I don't know how the day will go...

4 comments:

Robert said...

Well it's still May here in California for another 55 minutes. So in my book, you made it. This picture is incredible. The detail of the pier and leaf are incredibly fine. B&W was a wonderful choice for this. You should create a series of pier pictures and most definitely include this one. Is Philly a vacation? Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to pics from Philly.

Anna said...

This is wonderful! I am sorry I missed your call! I will try to call you sometime today or tomorrow...

I am looking forward to catching up!

Anonymous said...

That is a fabulous shot! Have a safe trip... don't work/play toooo hard :-)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful shot......it's just the beginning of summer and i am already looking forward to fall :)