Monday, June 2, 2008

bright lights, big city

Bright Lights, Big City
June 2008

My iTunes: Goodmorning, Baltimore from Hairspray

Greetings from the 13th floor! Yes, this building actually has a 13th floor -- it doesn't go 10 - 11 - 12 - 14 - 15. I'm not sure what that means for the rest of my stay in Philadelphia, but thankfully I'm not superstitious. (Thank goodness, because I even graduated high school on Friday, May 13!)

Anyway, I made it safely to Philadelphia. Driving in the city reminded me of Baltimore, so I thought I'd listen to the soundtrack from Hairspray. I finally got the internet to work and was going to curl up with a big mug of tea -- my voice teacher gave me a gift certificate to her favorite tea place, Upton Teas, when I had surgery because she knows I love tea and I brought my new teas with me -- but wouldn't you know we don't have a microwave? We have a refrigerator, freezer, oven, and stove, but no microwave. I feel like I'm living in the 40's. I tried hot water from the tap, but the tea just doesn't steep like it's supposed to. Perhaps tomorrow I'll invest in a kettle. Between studying and being in the archives, I hope I'll have some opportunities for picture-taking, so stay tuned for more from Philly!

Well, I'm off to ice my back and take my meds -- I seem to be having an adverse reaction to my sutures and my incision was slightly infected. One just fell out, so I probably should clean up the incision. Perhaps I'll skim through one of my books on American Opera before hitting the sack.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Glad you made it there safely. I love the city lights. I've been wanting to get some night shots lately also. Regarding your comment about project blue, I don't care what color you post just so long as you keep taking pictures! You're quite talented and I enjoy your work. And, I love that you reflect on what you post. Enjoy Philly and take care of that back.

Anna said...

Oh you will have opportunities to shoot around Philly. You're going to have a field day when we go down to South Street :-)