Thursday, May 1, 2008

audition photoshoot

Audition Photoshoot
May 2008

My iTunes: Clair de Lune by Faure

Well, I didn't exactly take this image (it'd be a bit tricky to do a whole photoshoot of self portraits), but seeing as I did all the editing and that it's an image of me, I thought it would work for today's post.

For my audition, I have to submit at black and white 8x10 portrait of myself, so I asked my friend to help me. I must say, I am quite pleased with the images and quite jealous of her camera. I think this is the photo I will be using, but it was a close call between three different ones. We took a bunch of shots, not just ones that would work for the audition, and some of them look like CD covers! I told her if I make it big and become a famous opera star, she can be my personal photographer! (Fat chance of that happening, though...)

As the next two weeks or so get busy, I may or may not have time to go out and shoot any images (even if I am allowed to sit and bend), so I think I'll be posting a few more from the photoshoot in the coming days. I'd love to get your feedback on them!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Love the shot! It is beautiful! Kudos to the photographer!

Robert said...

Great shot. And great editing on your part. I love the b@w. It looks like you had fun during the shoot. I look forward to more from the series.

I've had thoughts of doing such photo sessions. Living so close to Hollywood, there are so many that want/need headshots. I've never even attempted it and really know nothing about the business but would really love to explore it.

Regarding your comment Xixi: How exciting! That's great that you'll be there as part of the experience for #2. We are beginning to talk about #2 as well. The whole process really deepens our understand of us being adopted into God's family.

Thanks for you kind words about Lily. :)