Friday, August 8, 2008

the chapel

The Chapel
August 2008

My iTunes: Symphonie Fantastique by Hector Berlioz

This is the large chapel on campus, affectionately known as "Big Baker." I like how the leaves for a sort of silhouette frame around it from this angle. I've taken pictures of the chapel at several different times of year, and I think it would be nice to display them all together. Unfortunately... my external drive, where I kept all my back-ups and most of my pictures (about 250 gb worth!) died the other day. I don't know what happened, but it won't turn on and it makes horrible clicking noises. It seems like I can't have 6 months go by without experiencing some sort of computer trouble like this. I think I have some of the pictures backed-up on DVDs, but they are all in storage and I can't get to them at the moment. So for now, I'll be shopping the sales for a new external hard-drive.

2 comments:

Robert said...

In December, my hard drive crashed. Fortunately everything was backed up on my external so I didn't lose any pictures or music. Now, my external is failing just as yours is and I'll be searching for a new, higher capacity one as well. I also started using Carbonite. They are an online back up system. They back up your entire hard drive for $50 a year. It's valuable because in case someone ever steals your computer, they'll probably also take your external. This offers a third place to back up your stuff where it can always be retrieved. I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but it works for me.

Anyhow, love the photo. It looks mysterious with the soft focus effect.

Jamie said...

Hi Christy, my name is Jamie Stuart. I actually met your brothers at YXL last month. Grant and I got to talking about photography (I had a Nikon D40 around my neck the whole week) and he gave me the link to your blog. I've really enjoyed looking at your photos! I'm just getting started with my own photography business, which I'm specifically starting for my senior project at school. I will be working with a professional photographer throughout the year. I'd love to hear any suggestions or advice you have, as someone who has just gotten started as well.

Here is the link to my photo blog:
www.pilgrimphotograhy.blogspot.com