Monday, May 4, 2009

photoshoot: the station

I switched to edit my other photoshoot from this weekend. Work was really slow on Saturday, and since I had my camera, I had a mini-session. I'm really happy with how a lot of the shots turned out. The shoots on Saturday were very different -- the morning shoot was filled with lots of little girls, which means lots of pink and lots of action, while the afternoon shoot was mostly still life and macro shots.

Today was a non-stop day for me. Lots of "graduation-y" things, including an honors convocation and induction ceremony. Can you say l-o-n-g and b-o-r-i-n-g? I didn't realize how long it would be, and in retrospect I felt bad for picking my voice teacher as my faculty member to be in attendance. I should have picked someone I didn't like and made them waste an afternoon... She was very gracious about it, though. It meant a lot that she was so willing to be there for me, especially with her busy schedule -- if there is anyone who is busier than I am, and who works harder, it's her. How ironic that of all the voice teachers in all the world, I'd have her!

So, after the graduation-y events and tonight's opera performance (which went very well -- I quite enjoyed performing the Handel and the Mozart), I treated myself to an evening of watching Alias, without working on papers, but couldn't justify only watching, so I multi-tasked with editing. Now that it's nearly 1:00 a.m. and I still have paper-tweaking to do, I realize that I probably should have just kept my nose to the grindstone. No rest for the weary...
--
My iTunes: Nur Stille, Stille, Stille! - Die Strahlen Der Sonne Vertreiben Die Nacht from Mozart's Die Zauberflöte

No comments: