Sunday, May 24, 2009

graduation


I did it! Graduation was yesterday afternoon. I graduated with lots of pretentious honors: Summa Cum Laude, 4.0 GPA, two departmental honors, six honors societies, 183.5 credits, the United States History Award, not to mention three majors and a minor. The program had an insert with blurbs about some of the graduates with exceptional accomplishments and/or plans, and I was included. All in all, I feel rather proud of my accomplishments!

One of the coolest things about the graduation was that I was the very last person in the entire graduation to receive their diploma. First, all the graduate students received their diploma in alphabetically order by last name, then the undergraduates without Latin honors, then Cum, Magna, and Summa, and I was alphabetically last for Summa. I think it's the perfect spot to be -- everyone cheers for you and there is no anti-climactic wait afterward for 300 more people to receive their degrees.

So now that I've graduated, my summer begins. I will spend some of this week unpacking and consolidating all the ridiculous stuff I've accumulated over the last four years, and I'll go right back to work on Monday. My summer class starts this week -- I'm taking an acting class for fun and to help my performance skills as a singer. And I'm hoping to get right back to my voice and piano lessons!
--
My iTunes: Procession of the Nobles by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (this was our processional music!)

1 comment:

JC said...

You should be proud... congrats!