Sunday, August 26, 2007

motorbike


Motorbike
August 2007

My iTunes: The Long Day Is Over by Norah Jones

Spent the last couple days moving for the last time this year. It's been hot here and I've been lugging heavy and unwieldy things all over the place, so it's nice to finally get a chance to sit down and post on the blog again.

I grabbed this shot when I was on the top of a double-decker open-top bus in London. Motorbikes are a popular way to get around in European cities because they use little gas, are easy to park, and can squeeze through bad traffic. I like how this picture is framed around the wheels and focuses more on line and texture rather than color, because the shot is relatively monochromatic but has lots of different lines -- circles and straight lines all intersecting -- as well as textures -- smooth metal and dulled rubber. My new house doesn't have air conditioning, so the thought of the breeze blowing through my hair as I ride a motorbike sounds fantastic right now...

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love all your shots of wheels. They're really cool!