Saturday, August 18, 2007

rocky pier


Rocky Pier
August 2007

My iTunes: Entertaining Thoughts by Over the Rhine

Yesterday I made a road trip across Delaware to see family and friends and it reminded me of a day I spent at Bournemouth in early July. The beach experience in England is quite different from the beach experience on the East Coast! It was a foreign idea for me to go to the beach and not need a bathing suit, to wear three layers of clothing, and to think of swimming in the ocean no more than of swimming across the ocean! I suppose that growing up a beach baby in the US taught me things about beach-going that I take for granted.

This shot is of my favorite pier at Bournemouth -- it was made of all rock and had the big metal contraption at the end. It was neat to see the other side of the Atlantic.

No comments: