Monday, December 31, 2007

westminster vines


Westminster Vines
December 2007

My iTunes: In Uomini, In Soldati by Kyle Engler

It's the last time I can put "2007" in a post. The year really has flown! Before I head out to do the usual New Year's Eve festivities, I like to take a minute and think about everything that has happened in the past year and to write down some of the landmark events, both positive and negative. Perhaps I'll share a few of them over the next couple posts...

But anyway, this was a picture I took outside Westminster Abbey. Being an art historian at heart, I like to see the symbolism in pictures (both paintings and photographs). I like the juxtaposition of the old brickwork with the lively vine. It reminds me of the end of a year, with the new and the old right next to each other. Neither is inherently better than the other, but instead they work together to show off a greater narrative thread.

Okay, enough with the philosophical reflections -- have a happy (and safe) New Year's, wherever you are!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Happy 2008! Anna C's back to blogging!!!