Thursday, November 1, 2007

red house by the lake


Red House By the Lake
November 2007

My iTunes: Sarabande from Suite for Solo Cello No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007 by Yo-Yo Ma

How did it get to be November already? Time seems to be flying past like nobody's business. I like listening to slow classical music as if I'm fooling myself into thinking that time is passing slowly and I can savor each moment. Why is it when I have a lot of projects due time flies and I never seem to have enough, but when I am waiting for something, time crawls?

This little red brick house was right off the lake where I stayed this weekend. I like the combination of colors -- the red of the house, the burnt orange of the leaves, the green of the bull rushes -- and textures -- the repetition in the house, the random lines in the foreground, and the mottling in the background. Seems peaceful, like a flock of geese should be flying overhead and the crickets chirping in the background.

No comments: