Friday, November 2, 2007

impression of fall


Impression of Fall
November 2007

My iTunes: Rejoice Greatly from Handel's Messiah, performed by Kathleen Battle

One of my favorite periods in western art is the 19th century, which spans a variety of artistic movements. Two of my favorites are romanticism and impressionism. In playing around in Photoshop, I realized that I could turn a photograph into an impressionist-style painting using filters. This shot reminds me of paintings by Monet because he liked to paint in a similar style. I'd go off into a bunch of art historical jargon and explain the history of the impressionist movement, it's goals, and some of it's famous painters, but I think that for now, posting this picture and expressing my love of the impressionist movement will suffice.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Don't I know you can go off in all kids of art history jargon especially about Roman people!