Thursday, November 29, 2007

my little scholar


My Little Scholar
November 2007

My iTunes: When Love Came Down by Point of Grace

I'm listening to one of my all-time favorite Christmas albums now: Point of Grace's A Christmas Story. Now I know it's Christmas time!

This is Chloe. She is 12 years old, almost 13. She is one of the people who brings me the greatest joy every time I see her. I've been her Latin teacher since she was in 3rd grade and she's become like a little sister to me. One evening in late October after we were done our tutoring session, I put her hair in sponge curlers as she started her reading assignment for the night -- Homer's Odyssey. Yes, 12 years old and reading The Odyssey. She's a smart one and I'm so proud of her. Incidentally, the baby whose picture I posted a few days ago is her youngest brother.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ah the infamous Chloe. I knew it was only a matter of time before you got a picture of her up here :-)