Monday, March 23, 2009

meet marlene


This is my friend Marlene -- we met her when we went down to Annapolis last week. It has been a joy to get to know her better over the last few months. I'm jealous of the people who will get to spend time with her over the next few years after I move away. She is one of the sweetest, most selfless people I know. I wish I could introduce her to everyone, but this picture and short note will have to do.

I've been scatter-brained for the past few days -- to the point that I left my cell phone charger and my mac charger at my parents house when I came back home. My friend Anna is saving me and letting me borrow hers! Thanks Anna!

My voice lesson today was fantastic. Apparently my growing obsession with Mozart's Don Giovanni has helped my singing as I have practiced my favorite aria, Mi Tradi Quell'alma Ingrata, practically non-stop. To illustrate the level of my obsession: last week, I watched my DVD of the 3-hour opera 6 times, listened to the whole thing on my ipod 9 times, listened to the whole thing on my computer 3 times, and watched almost every version of that aria on YouTube. It's fantastic music, and I get to go see my teacher perform this role on Wednesday! I'm beside myself with excitement... she's going to be fabulous!
--
My iTunes: Mi Tradi Quell'alma Ingrata from Mozart's Don Giovanni

No comments: