Friday, April 10, 2009

my baby


I love my macbook. I have no idea how I survived for so long without it, especially given the state of my old computers... I was showing my friend, Anna, how to work my macro lens and snapped this shot.

I'm currently taking a history of jazz class and my current project involves listening to vocalese pieces (a.k.a. pieces based on instrumental improvisations with texts inserted over lead instrumental sections). Given my affinity to opera, it's no surprise that I was drawn to this type of jazz subconsciously, because one source I was reading described a set of recordings as a "crazy jazz opera." Here is a link to a recording on YouTube of a piece that I enjoyed watching -- isn't Annie Ross's vocal range and flexibility astonishing?
--
My iTunes: Everyday I Have the Blues by Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross

No comments: